he ministries of our members are crucial to the functioning of St. B’s. Nowhere is this more obvious than on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am, when the church is filled with those serving during that liturgy. More than 50 people normally serve at various ministries every Sunday.
Vital parts of our liturgy are led by volunteers:
- Ushers (who greet worshippers at the door and provide hospitality and guidance),
- our Verger (who serves as our Master of Ceremonies),
- Acolytes (who serve and assist the clergy during the liturgy and carry crosses, torches, and banners in our processions),
- Lectors (who read the lessons),
- Sub-deacons (who serve at the altar),
- Intercessors (who lead our prayers),
- Chalicists (who serve at the altar and administer the cup of wine during the Eucharist),
- Healing ministers (who lay hands upon those desiring healing for themselves and others), and
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers (LEMs, who take the sacrament out to members who are sick and shut-in).
In addition, our singing is led by our all-volunteer Choir every Sunday.
We also have many other ministries that help us outside of our worship on Sunday mornings, for example:
- our church is prepared for worship by members of the Altar Guild,
- a dedicated group of Tellers counts our offerings and prepares the weekly deposit,
- a small army of Christian Formation teachers and leaders, and
- a regular rotation of Coffee Hour hosts.
We welcome anyone to serve in any of these capacities.
You can download the current month’s schedule in the box at the right.